loves His people. In His love He inspired the heart of Julia
Teresa Tallon to draw persons to Him. What began in 1900 as a
strong desire to do more for God became in 1908 a clear vision
to found a new religious congregation in the Church. In 1920
Mother Mary Teresa Tallon's desire became a reality when the
Parish Visitors of Mary Immaculate were founded. She called her
spiritual daughters contemplative-missionaries.
Fired with the love
of God and sustained by daily Eucharistic adoration, her Sisters
go out in imitation of Mary's Visitation to bring the message
and love of the Good Shepherd. In a person-to-person apostolate
the Parish Visitors of Mary Immaculate visit the homes in a
parish, seeking especially the wayward and spiritually
neglected, those most in need. Through spiritual instruction the
Sisters remind the persons they meet of God's immense love for
them. Through religious education they help persons to respond
to that love with their whole heart.
Conscious of each
one's human dignity the Parish Visitors of Mary Immaculate offer
social service assistance and spiritual counseling. "Make every
soul count" was Mother Mary Teresa's constant admonition.
Because of her fidelity to God's call, His love continues to be
proclaimed in today's world by the Parish Visitors of Mary